Formal Letter to Professor(Descriptive Reflection)

 

To : af_somrita.ganchoudhuri@singaporetech.edu.sg

From : 2000775@sit.singaporetech.edu.sg

Subject: Self-Introduction letter 

Dear Professor Somrita,

I'm pleased to be a student in SIT and be part of this class. You can address me as Arvinth. To bring a greater understanding of why I chose this course, I would like to elucidate regarding my background and interest in Civil Engineering. Since my passion from young was to build interesting structures using LEGO blocks, I realised this particular interest remained even as I grew up. Therefore, I decided to take up Diploma in Civil Engineering with Business in Singapore Polytechnic as my post-secondary education. 

In my Diploma days, I had the opportunity to strengthen my communication skills via gen-ed modules. I have been commended for my clarity when I speak as well as the tone, rhythm and interesting content I bring to the table. To present an idea in a way even a layman could understand is crucial, as to relate with any type of audience. For that, substantial knowledge is required of that particular topic. However, if I present a gift to someone, wrapped in plastic bag and the same gift, wrapped in a well-designed gift wrapper, the person would have a better impression of the one that is wrapped neatly and given, regardless of the value of what's inside. 

As much as knowledge is important, presenting that knowledge in a way that engages the audience and connects their experiences to it is a vital skill that any effective communicator should develop. I wish to develop my communication skills aforementioned even more through this class. I'm looking forward to be part of your class!

Best Regards,

Arvinth PS


Comments

  1. Hi Arvinth!

    Could totally relate on your interest in LEGO as I do as well. Loved your metaphor of effective communication being a well-wrapped present.

    See you in class! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arvinth!

    Looking forward in every class and presentation on what you could give. And we keep on learnning and the positive vibe there!!

    Signing out,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well-written!
    By the way, I like the way you present, you sound really confident!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Arvinth!

    I really like your writing style as it almost sounds poetic in a way. Your flair in public-speaking is something that I hope to glean from you by the end of this module!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Refer to letter templates, follow the format, and resubmit it - https://www.letters.org/miscellaneous-letter/introduction-letter.html

    Use Paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summary Draft 3

Summary Reader Response

Summary + Reader Response Draft 3